Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/29 22:43:46 UTC

Deploying Aries Blog sample & AriesTrader on Geronimo

Hi all,

I recently integrated the JTA and JPA pieces from Aries in Geronimo
and exposed connection factories in OSGi service registry. With these
changes we now have all the main pieces in place to deploy unmodified
Aries Blog sample & AriesTrader on Geronimo. Here's how to do it:

1) Make sure you have the latest trunk build. I used tomcat ee 6
assembly but things should also work with the jetty assembly.

2) Deploy the attached aries-datasource connector. It will create the
data sources & database tables for both samples. To deploy the
connector do:

./bin/deploy -u system -p manager deploy
~/.m2/repository/org/tranql/tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa/1.5/tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.5.rar
aries-datasource.xml

3) Build "samples" module in Aries trunk.

To deploy the Blog sample do:

./bin/deploy -u system -p manager deploy <aries
trunk>/samples/blog/blog-jpa-eba/target/org.apache.aries.samples.blog.jpa.eba-0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT.eba

or to deploy AriesTrader do:

./bin/deploy -u system -p manager deploy <aries
trunk>/samples/ariestrader-sample/assemblies/ariestrader-all-eba/target/org.apache.aries.samples.ariestrader.all-0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT.eba

If all goes well the Blog sample should be available under
http://localhost:8080/blog and AriesTrader under
http://localhost:8080/ariestrader.

Btw, when running the deploy command you might see some "Address
already in use" exceptions. They can be ignored.

Let me know if you have any problems,

Jarek

Re: Deploying Aries Blog sample & AriesTrader on Geronimo

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
Great! Thanks

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: Deploying Aries Blog sample & AriesTrader on Geronimo

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Great news.  Congrats!

Lin

Fwd: Deploying Aries Blog sample & AriesTrader on Geronimo

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Jarek, I saw your post on dev@geronimo ... great news!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
That's terrific Jarek!  I'm really happy to see AriesTrader running on
Geronimo ... "this is like deja vu all over again" :-)

Joe