Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2010/02/13 10:21:34 UTC

Re: Oddities adding IvyDE Managed Dependencies library to runtime configuration

Le 10 févr. 2010 à 13:50, Steele, Richard a écrit :

> I have IvyDE installed in Eclipse 3.5.  So far I've been pleased with how
> easy things are, but I came across something odd.
>
> I have an Eclipse project for which I've configured an IvyDE library to
> bring in my compile and test configuration dependencies.  To actually run
> the code, however, we have to use the runtime configuration as well, so I
> opened the Run Configuration for my Java Application, click on the Classpath
> tab, select User Entries (in the tree), click on the Advanced... button to
> add the IvyDE library.
>
> I select IvyDE Managed Dependencies, but when I click Next> nothing
> happens.  If I click it a second time, I'm presented with a mostly blank
> panel where I would normally choose my configurations; the contents only
> show if I resize the dialog .  Event when I do this none of the
> configuration are listed.
>
> If I go ahead and click finish, I do get the library but with all
> configurations.  This appears to work, though I'd prefer if I could select
> just the runtime configuration.
>
> I hope the above description is sufficiently clear.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yep, there was issues with launch configuration. It works better in the trunk version, which is currently being released.
You should be interested by this doc too:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/trunk/cpc/launch.html

Nicolas

Re: Oddities adding IvyDE Managed Dependencies library to runtime configuration

Posted by "Steele, Richard" <ri...@steelezone.net>.
2010/2/13 Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>

> Yep, there was issues with launch configuration. It works better in the
> trunk version, which is currently being released.
> You should be interested by this doc too:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/trunk/cpc/launch.html
>
> Nicolas

It's good to hear this problem is known and fixed, thanks.

By the way, when I try to look at that link I get an "invalid compression"
error from my browser.

Rich