Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2002/09/26 16:24:13 UTC

RE: next possible commons project - [regexp] (or [template?])

>  > > From: "Tomasz Pik" <pi...@ais.pl>

Have you found a need for this?  If so, have you got some code that
would provide a starting point?

While we're floating implementation-abstraction packages, I've
recently put together a very light weight package to abstract the api
of a templating system from the implementation.  I have
implementations for Velocity and Jelly so far.  I'd share if people
are interested.  So far I'm getting by with basically two versions of
one API method:

public String mergeTemplate(String templateName, Map context)
and
public void mergeTemplate(String templateName, Map context, Writer writer)

It uses Commons Discovery for configuration.  It works for me.  But
then, my needs are pretty simple.

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956