Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Charlie Toohey <ct...@pacbell.net> on 2002/02/26 03:28:18 UTC

Logging in beans

I would like to log some information in the Tomcat log file from my beans.
But I don't want to use the ActionServlet log method, as passing an
ActionServlet object as a parameter to a bean would violate the bean
philosophy that beans should be completely independent of a web application
framework, such as Struts, for reusability. How could I just pass in the
Stream to the Tomcat log file to a bean so that it can log to the Stream and
maintain its web app framework independence ?

Thanks,
Charlie