Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Manuel Sopena Ballesteros <ma...@garvan.org.au> on 2017/12/04 03:48:56 UTC

learning Spark

Dear Spark community,

Is there any resource (books, online course, etc.) available that you know of to learn about spark? I am interested in the sys admin side of it? like the different parts inside spark, how spark works internally, best ways to install/deploy/monitor and how to get best performance possible.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros | Systems Engineer
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, 370 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
T: + 61 (0)2 9355 5760 | F: +61 (0)2 9295 8507 | E: manuel.sb@garvan.org.au<ma...@garvan.org.au>

NOTICE
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.

Re: learning Spark

Posted by Jean Georges Perrin <jg...@jgp.net>.
When you pick a book, make sure it covers the version of Spark you want to deploy. There are a lot of books out there that focus a lot on Spark 1.x. Spark 2.x generalizes the dataframe API, introduces Tungsten, etc. All might not be relevant to a pure “sys admin” learning, but it is good to know.

jg

Re: learning Spark

Posted by Elior Malul <el...@gmail.com>.
Also, our community is responsive on stack overflow - also, I will be happy to help whenever I can.

Re: learning Spark

Re: learning Spark

Posted by Somasundaram Sekar <so...@tigeranalytics.com>.

--
info@tigeranalytics.com and promptly delete the transmitted material from

Re: learning Spark

Posted by makoto <to...@gmail.com>.
This gitbook explains Spark compotents in detail.

'Mastering Apache Spark 2'

https://www.gitbook.com/book/jaceklaskowski/mastering-apache-spark/details