Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Nichols <rn...@att.net> on 2001/11/11 19:08:44 UTC

Document falls short

I was reading the following documentation:

http://www.aoindustries.com/docs/jakarta-tomcat-3.2b6/tomcat-iis-howto.ht=
ml

and came across the following text:

---------------------------text------------------------------------
Adding additional Contexts
The examples context is useful for verifying your installation, but you
will also need to add your own contexts. Adding a new context requires
two operations:

  1.. Adding the context to Tomcat (I am not going to talk about this).
  2.. Adding the context to the ISAPI redirector.

Hey, we need to know a little more about step 1, at least what it refers to or why you won't talk about it!  Are you talking about adding our own Web
application objects such as folders and files, or some other configuration to Tomcat. It seems pretty important since it is 50% of the two required
operations.

If I had invented all this technology, it would all seem logical to
me too.  But any invented technology is mostly arbitrary, so we need
every last bit of information or we can imagine a hundred different
interpretations of vague descriptions and instructions.

Regards,

- Randy Nichols