Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Samo Cerne <Sa...@simobil.si> on 2002/11/12 09:21:18 UTC

[users@httpd] How to prevent Apace HTTP server from creating logs.

Hello everybody,
I have  one very simple question and I hope someone can help me. I have Apache version 1.3.23. Can you tell me if it is possible to prevent Apache from creating logs for a specific page.
My scenario is:
    In our company we have one private forum, and in this forum logging of IP-s is disabled, because we really want anonymous postings, now the problem is that apache will log everybody's IP.
How can I prevent this and still have logging for other pages that are running on this Apache http server?
I really hope someone can help me.

Samo Cerne

Re: [users@httpd] How to prevent Apace HTTP server from creating logs.

Posted by Erwien Samantha Y <sa...@erwien.massaint.com>.
maybe this is the simple way to ignore some directory for being logging.

SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "^/forum/"  nolog
CustomLog /log/access_log combined env=!nolog

what do u think ?

--
Erwien Samantha Y <sa...@erwien.massaint.com>