Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/01 02:52:38 UTC

Re: Running pig script as different user

Hi Miki,

What version of hadoop are you on? I can confirm this works on 0.20.2 but
never tried this on the newer versions.

Try hadoop.job.ugi=<username,group> where the group must be the name of the
group associated with the username.

For eg, -Dhadoop.job.ugi=bugs,bugs

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
This should not work in versions of hadoop that support security for
fairly obvious reasons.