Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@ids-scheer.com> on 2010/09/20 11:23:58 UTC

Q: Transactional policy intents in Tuscany 1.6

Hello there,

can anyone point me to documentation about the extent to which
the specification "ACID Transaction Policy in SCA", SCA Version 1.00,
is supported by the Tuscany 1.6 runtime?

I have added a transactional intent to a service definition like this:

<service name="LogService" requires="immediateOneWay">
</service>

And the result is a PolicyValidationException:

Policy Related Exception occured due to : org.apache.tuscany.sca.policy.util.PolicyValidationException: Policy Intent '{http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0}immediateOneWay' is not defined in this domain

Chapter 10 of "Tuscany SCA in Action" does not mention transactional intents.

If these are not included in Tuscany 1.6, are they in 2.0 M5?

-- Sebastian

Re: Q: Transactional policy intents in Tuscany 1.6

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Millies, Sebastian
<Se...@ids-scheer.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> can anyone point me to documentation about the extent to which
> the specification "ACID Transaction Policy in SCA", SCA Version 1.00,
> is supported by the Tuscany 1.6 runtime?
>
> I have added a transactional intent to a service definition like this:
>
> <service name="LogService" requires="immediateOneWay">
> </service>
>
> And the result is a PolicyValidationException:
>
> Policy Related Exception occured due to : org.apache.tuscany.sca.policy.util.PolicyValidationException: Policy Intent '{http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0}immediateOneWay' is not defined in this domain
>
> Chapter 10 of "Tuscany SCA in Action" does not mention transactional intents.
>
> If these are not included in Tuscany 1.6, are they in 2.0 M5?
>
> -- Sebastian

The short answer is no. We have the model of the transaction policy
artifacts but no runtime to do anything useful with them. Spme work
was started I think in 2.x to look at using the transaction manager
from Geronimo to support SCA transaction policy but it's not complete.
This is certainly an area that needs attention if anyone's interested.

Regards

Simon