Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Timothy Smith <ts...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/13 21:14:15 UTC

Is a direct upgrade from .6 to 1.0 possible?

Due to some application dependencies I've been holding off on a
Cassandra upgrade for a while.  Now that my last application using the
old thrift client is updated I have the green light to prep my
upgrade.  Since I'm on .6 the upgrade is obviously a bit trickier.  Do
the standard instructions for upgrading from .6 to .7 still apply or
do I have to step from .6 -> .7 -> 1.0?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Is a direct upgrade from .6 to 1.0 possible?

Posted by Jeremiah Jordan <je...@morningstar.com>.
You should be able to do it as long as you shut down the whole cluster
for it:

http://cassandra-user-incubator-apache-org.3065146.n2.nabble.com/Upgrading-to-1-0-tp6954908p6955316.html