Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Eartha Naylor <ea...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/27 07:42:49 UTC

Zookeeper connection error

Greetings,

I'm trying to use beeline to connect to zookeeper to connect to hive (all
through kylin). If I run the following in command line

beeline -u "jdbc:hive2://*<connection string>*;serviceDiscoveryMode=z
> ooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2"

The connection to Hive is established using the command above.

I added the following lines to *conf/kylin.properties*

kylin.source.hive.client=beeline

kylin.source.hive.beeline-params= -u "jdbc:hive2://*<connection string>*
> ;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2"

*Tried a number of different variations of the
*kylin.source.hive.beeline-params *as well as adding
*kylin.server.cluster-servers* values.

If I then try to connect to hive through kylin (*Model -> Data Source ->
Load Hive Table From Tree), *I get the following error (I did kinit)

*"java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport for any of the
> Server URL's in ZooKeeper: Unable to read HiveServer2 uri from Zookeeper"*

The Console prints the following
500 (Internal Server Error)
*I've attached a copy of the logged error if that helps (full log was too
big to send)

If I use *cli* instead of *beeline*, the *default *database shows (there
should be other databases loaded); however, if you click on *default*, none
of the tables show.

Is there a step I'm missing? Is there more info I can send to help make the
error clear? Has this already been discussed and solved?

Best regards
Eartha

Re: Zookeeper connection error

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Seems your log attachment didn't come through the apache mailer.

But you are right that, Kylin simply put up a command line from
"kylin.source.hive.client" and "kylin.source.hive.beeline-params". Nothing
miracle. If the beeline can work from console, it SHOULD work from kylin as
well. To troubleshoot, search "The SQL to execute in beeline" in kylin.log,
to verify the command line Kylin come up was correct.

Thanks
Yang