Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com> on 2006/12/12 18:34:12 UTC

[users@httpd] What version of apache from httpd.conf ?

Ok, so long story short.. Had Apache go belly up on my os/x box.

I got an error about missing ssl/httpd.conf , and tried reinstalling
what I thought was the version I had prior, not knowing the problem
was due to a ssl software. So reinstalled openssl, and now when I try
to run apache, I get:

httpd: Syntax error on line 327 of /Library/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
API module structure `access_module' in file
/Library/Apache2/modules/mod_access.so is garbled - perhaps this is
not an Apache module DSO?

I don't mind upgrading to the latest and greatest, but the problem I
found was  based on
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/upgrading.html

The part it looks like I'm missing or not doing right:

mod_imap has been renamed to mod_imagemap mod_auth has been split up
into mod_auth_basic, mod_authn_file, mod_authz_user, and
mod_authz_groupfile mod_access has been renamed to mod_authz_host
mod_auth_ldap has been renamed to mod_authnz_ldap

So am I correct that where I have

LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
should now be
LoadModule access_module modules/mod_authz_host.so ?

Assuming that's correct, now I get

httpd: Syntax error on line 327 of /Library/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `access_module' in file
/Library/Apache2/modules/mod_authz_host.so: undefined symbol

So am I missing something? Or failing that, is there a way, based on
my httpd.conf to determine what version I had running, and reinstall
that version, and I should be good to go?

Thanks.

Evan

[users@httpd] Re: What version of apache from httpd.conf ?

Posted by Robert T Wyatt <ro...@mail.utexas.edu>.
MacOSX includes 1.3.33, unless you already went through the upgrade
procedure before, that was the version you were running. Also, httpd -V
will tell you a little bit more about your configuration (in addition to
the version number).