Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/26 05:13:38 UTC

Re: TableView in a ScrollPane

One of the UI problems that I see with default sized table view columns is
that it would be disconcerting to the user if the table view's columns were
resizing dynamically.  Imagine if your rich email client resized its column
when a new email came in with a large subject.  We could provide an API way
to either (a) get the default width of a column [then you could set the
column width to that width], or (b) size a column to its default.  With
either option, the skin could hook into the API upon double click if and
when we add that feature, but you could also call the API to size the
columns when you set up and populate the table.  Thoughts?
-T

Posted by Scott Lanham <li...@sael.com.au>.
If I was to have a  list of emails in a TableView I would want the date column
to automatically size but the subject to take a relative amount of the
remaining space. If the user did double click on the column then it would be
nice to define how the column was resize based on information from the API.