Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2010/11/13 20:58:35 UTC

[VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1-beta1 release based on RC1

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.1-beta1. The vote is open for the
at least 72 hours, and only votes from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1-beta1-rc1/

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1-beta1-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Maven artefacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-004/

SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.1-beta1-RC1/

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1-beta1 release based on RC1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 08:26 +0000, ant elder wrote:
> +1 from me to release.
>
> The missing headers aren't a blocker in my opinion as the files are
> covered by the top level license and the header is just to make that
> really clear, so its ok to just add them for next time.
>
>    ...ant

Asankha & Anthony

I have already added the missing headers and will cut a new RC for
HttpClient later today, no problem.

Please do cast a vote on the HttpCore 4.1 release, in case you
overlooked it, which currently does not have known blockers.

Cheers

Oleg

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1-beta1 release based on RC1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me to release.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13 November 2010 19:58, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.1-beta1. The vote is open for the
> at least 72 hours, and only votes from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1-beta1-rc1/
>
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1-beta1-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-004/
>
> SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.1-beta1-RC1/

RAT reports several files without AL headers:

httpclient-cache/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/BasicHttpCache.java
httpclient-cache/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/AbstractProtocolTest.java
httpclient-cache/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestHttpCacheEntrySerializers.java
httpclient-cache/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestProtocolAllowedBehavior.java
httpclient-cache/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestResponseCache.java

Minor issues:

The source jars have only a minimal MANIFEST.MF. It would be good to
include the following headers:

Implementation-Title: HttpComponents HttpClient
Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Implementation-Version: 4.1-beta1
Specification-Title: HttpComponents HttpClient
Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Specification-Version: 4.1-beta1
url: http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client

Otherwise looks OK.

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1-beta1 release based on RC1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.1-beta1