Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2002/11/15 10:02:34 UTC

[OT] Apache committers meeting in german-speaking area

Devs,

I don't know how many of you committers are on the community and party
mailing lists. There was the idea to organize a meeting among Apache
committers next year in the german-speaking part of the world (Germany,
Austria and Switzerland). Christian, Keiron and I already registered.
Since a lot of us are coming from or are currently located in this area,
it would be nice if as many of us as possible made it to that event.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: patch process

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Ralph LaChance wrote:

> I believe it makes sense to add the changes to the maintenance
> branch (in the event that there is ever an 0.20.5 release);
> in turn, they will be useful to inform the awt and awt/print renderer
> in the redesign, so I'll separately submit them to there if necessary.

Make sense, but what's wrong with one bugzilla entry?

> It's been a while since I've sent in patches, and wanted to check
> whether the preferred course is to submit the full sources (it affects
> 3 source files), or only diffs. And, if diffs, should they be
> against current CVS or against the 0.20.4 release.

diffs are prefered and surely against current cvs (fop-0_20_2-maintain branch).

> btw: Seems to me that
> http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/
> used to contain daily (twice daily?) snapshots
> of the latest source-in-progress. Did that change?

No, that page is about FOP releases, snapshots are available at
http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-fop, but afaik these are snapshots of the
trunk.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: patch process

Posted by Ralph LaChance <Ra...@compuserve.com>.
At 07:05 AM 11/18/02, you wrote:
>Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
>>Christian Geisert wrote:
>>
>>>http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-fop/
>>>We should add this to the documentation...
>>http://xml.apache.org/fop/download.html mentions it already.
>
>Doh .. well .. Ralph should really RTFM ;-)

I did - about 2 years ago.
"Senior moments" come more often that that these days ;-)
-Ralph

Re: patch process

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Christian Geisert wrote:
>
>> http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-fop/
>> We should add this to the documentation...
>
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/download.html mentions it already.

Doh .. well .. Ralph should really RTFM ;-)

Christian

Re: patch process

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.

Re: patch process

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Ralph LaChance wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've worked out (and will submit via bugzilla) both
> an explanation and a solution to the text measuring & layout
> problems that I reported recently in the awt and
> awt/print renderers.

Great.

> I believe it makes sense to add the changes to the maintenance
> branch (in the event that there is ever an 0.20.5 release);

Sure .. RC should be out this week.

> in turn, they will be useful to inform the awt and awt/print renderer
> in the redesign, so I'll separately submit them to there if necessary.
>
> It's been a while since I've sent in patches, and wanted to check
> whether the preferred course is to submit the full sources (it affects
> 3 source files), or only diffs. And, if diffs, should they be
> against current CVS or against the 0.20.4 release.

diff -u against current maintenance branch would be the best.

patch process

Posted by Ralph LaChance <Ra...@compuserve.com>.
Hi all,

[...]

' Best,
-Ralph

<apologies if this gets to you twice - I sent it to the mailing list
earlier this morning;
as of now, ~4 hours later, it hadn't appeared in my inbox.>

Re: [OT] Apache committers meeting in german-speaking area

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Jeremias,

Be sure to let me know when the Brisbane meeting is being arranged.  I
think I'll be able to make it.  In the meantime, have a beer for me.

Peter

--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"

Re: [OT] Apache committers meeting in german-speaking area

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
The location and date is still TBD. It will probably be somewhere
between Munich and Frankfurt, I guess. The textfile to register is in
CVS module "committers" under docs/de-meeting/people.txt.

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:22:23 +0100 Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Friday 15 November 2002 10:02, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >. . .There was the idea to organize a meeting among Apache
> > committers next year in the german-speaking part of the world
> >. . .
>
> I might be interested too, depending on where and when. I am subscribed to
> party@.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [OT] Apache committers meeting in german-speaking area

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Friday 15 November 2002 10:02, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>. . .There was the idea to organize a meeting among Apache
> committers next year in the german-speaking part of the world
>. . .

I might be interested too, depending on where and when. I am subscribed to
party@.

-Bertrand