Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dharma Raj <ai...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/17 10:31:00 UTC

Kafka issues during Developement

Hi,

I am using kafka as the messaging queue for my application which will run
on the windows platform. I am facing issues during the log file deletion
with following erros.
Also i found some disclaimer is available in the kafka documentation to use
kafka in windows platform

Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException:
\tmp\kafka-logs\*TopicName*-2\00000000000000007262.log
-> \tmp\kafka-logs\TopicName -2\00000000000000007262.log.deleted: The
process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Uncaught exception in scheduled task 'kafka-log-retention'
(kafka.utils.KafkaScheduler)

kafka.common.KafkaStorageException: Failed to change the log file suffix
from  to .deleted for log segment 7262

Is it safe to go with kafka in windows platform or not?

Can you please help me on this, my development work got halted.

Thanks
Dharmaraj.G

Re: Kafka issues during Developement

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is a know issue. You cannot delete shared (or opened files) on
Windows, but UNIX/Linux is okay.

Please read Kafka online documentation on WIndows usage. A relevant jira
case is KAFKA-1194.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.