Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org> on 2011/11/19 06:02:45 UTC

Apache Hadoop 0.23 / Apache HBase 0.92 now available through Apache Bigtop (incubating)

Hi all,

I am glad to announce the availability of the first batch of packages of
Apache Hadoop 0.23 and Apache HBase 0.92 in Apache Bigtop (incubating).
Anyone can deploy the packages and get a cluster up and jobs running in
seconds.
Please, take into consideration these packages are from an unreleased
version of Apache Bigtop (incubating) as well as unreleased versions of
upstream projects. They should only be used for testing.

Along the way, quite a few issues have been discovered and fixed. So
having Apache Bigtop (incubating) working ahead of upstream projects'
releases has proven to be beneficial to everyone.
A list of these issues can be found there:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+bigtop

Setting up repositories for these packages on CentOS/Fedora should just
be a matter of doing the following (provided you have java installed):

   $ cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
   $ sudo wget -O bigtop.repo $URL
   $ sudo yum install 'hadoop*' 'hbase*'

Setting up repositories for these packages on SLES11 should just be a
matter of doing the following (provided you have java installed):

   $ sudo zypper ar -f $URL

Where URL can take the following value depending on your operating system:
CentOS 5 ->
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-23-matrix/label=centos5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.repo
CentOS 6 ->
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-23-matrix/label=centos6/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.repo
Fedora 15 ->
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-23-matrix/label=fedora15/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.repo
SLES11 ->
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-23-matrix/label=sles11/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.repo

Please don't hesitate to send us any feedback and issue you find.

Thanks,
Bruno

PS: deb packages are almost done but all help would be welcome. All
debeian builds for hadoop 0.23 are happening there:
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-23-matrix/label=lucid/

Re: Apache Hadoop 0.23 / Apache HBase 0.92 now available through Apache Bigtop (incubating)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am glad to announce the availability of the first batch of packages of
> Apache Hadoop 0.23 and Apache HBase 0.92 in Apache Bigtop (incubating).

Sweet!
St.Ack

Re: Apache Hadoop 0.23 / Apache HBase 0.92 now available through Apache Bigtop (incubating)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.