Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2003/09/09 10:47:32 UTC

Phoenix blues as well...

Hi,

Just to test that there is nothing wrong with my system, I turned back to
Phoenix (again checked straight out of the CVS) and running

[niclas@f2 BaliRuntimeEnvironment]$ bin/phoenix.sh run
Using PHOENIX_HOME:   /home/niclas/dev/bali/devkit/BaliRuntimeEnvironment
Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: /home/niclas/dev/bali/devkit/BaliRuntimeEnvironment/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:      /java/jdk
Running Phoenix:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main([Ljava.lang.String;,
java.util.Map, boolean)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:1756)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:963)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.startup(Main.java:124)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:83)

Looking at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main we find;

            final Class clazz = classLoader.loadClass( MAIN_CLASS );
            final Class[] paramTypes =
                new Class[]{args.getClass(), Map.class, Boolean.TYPE};
            final Method method = clazz.getMethod( "main", paramTypes );

I.e. expecting a method
    main( String[], Map, boolean );

but in org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain
there is only a
    main( String[], Hashtable, boolean );
which is not type compatible...

cvs -q diff -r 1.22 -r 1.23
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/launcher/Main.java

Done a YEAR ago... I guess this will never be properly updated, so back to
binary distros...

Niclas