Posted to user@struts.apache.org by me...@investorservicing.natixis.fr on 2007/07/05 17:43:24 UTC

optionstransferselect tag

Hi all,
I have a problem with the optiontransferselect tag.
When I click on the submit button,nothing is set on the listeSelectedKeys
attribute of my updateActionClass.
Can someone tells me what i've missed.
here is an extract of my jsp.

<s:form action="updateExtraction" >
  <s:optiontransferselect

                                                          headerValue="---
Veuillez selectionner un compartiments ---"
                                                          headerKey="-1"
 emptyOption="false"
 list="#application.vlisteCompartiments"
 listValue="libelleCompartiment"
                                                          listKey="id"
 buttonCssClass="bouton"
                                                          cssStyle="width:
350px;"
 allowSelectAll="false"

 doubleList="listeCompartiments"

doubleName="listSelectedKeys"
 doubleHeaderValue="--- Veuillez selectionner un compartiments ---"
 doubleHeaderKey="-1"
 doubleEmptyOption="false"
 buttonCssStyle="bouton"
 doubleCssStyle="width: 350px;"
                                                           />
                                                           <s:submit
cssClass="bouton" type="submit"  value="Modifier"  />
                                                           </s:form>

thank in advance.

meissa.

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natixis ne peut etre tenu responsable de son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.
Ensemble, faisons un geste pour l'environnement : n'imprimons nos mails que si necessaire

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. Natixis can not therefore be considered responsible for the contents. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and notify the sender.
Let us mind the environment : let's print our mails only when necessary.

Re: optionstransferselect tag

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
Bill Johnson schrieb:
> I'm having the same problem and it appears to be
> because the default theme is requiring DOJO to
> automatically select all the select options before
> submitting the form. I'm not sure if there is a JIRA
> bug opened for this or not, but there probably should
> be. The default (non-ajax) theme should not require
> DOJO for the optionstransferselect tag to work.
>
> I think the way to fix this is to have the default
> theme use plain JavaScript to do the "select all"
> functionality and not DOJO.
>
> -Bill

Without using dojo, it's quite complicated to code a generic solution
for the tag as it is now. Dojo allows you to add one or more event
listeners, and that is done with the selectAllOptionsExceptSome
function: it is bound to the onsubmit event with dojo.event.connect,
with the needed code being able to be bound to the component template.

Coding the needed javascript by hand, might cause trouble in future when
implementation details might be changed. So maybe using dojo for adding
a js event model to your page is not the worst option ...

> --- meissa.sakho@investorservicing.natixis.fr wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I have a problem with the optiontransferselect tag.
>> When I click on the submit button,nothing is set on
>> the listeSelectedKeys
>> attribute of my updateActionClass.
>> Can someone tells me what i've missed.
>> here is an extract of my jsp.
>>

>> <s:form action="updateExtraction" >
>>   <s:optiontransferselect
>>

>>      headerValue="---
>> Veuillez selectionner un compartiments ---"
>>
>>      headerKey="-1"
>>  emptyOption="false"
>>  list="#application.vlisteCompartiments"
>>  listValue="libelleCompartiment"
>>
>>      listKey="id"
>>  buttonCssClass="bouton"
>>
>>      cssStyle="width:
>> 350px;"
>>  allowSelectAll="false"
>>

>>  doubleList="listeCompartiments"
>>

>> doubleName="listSelectedKeys"
>>  doubleHeaderValue="--- Veuillez selectionner un
>> compartiments ---"
>>  doubleHeaderKey="-1"
>>  doubleEmptyOption="false"
>>  buttonCssStyle="bouton"
>>  doubleCssStyle="width: 350px;"
>>
>>       />
>>
>>       <s:submit
>> cssClass="bouton" type="submit"  value="Modifier"
>> />
>>
>>       </s:form>
>>

>> thank in advance.
>>
>> meissa.
>>
>> L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur
>> internet, Natixis ne peut etre tenu responsable de
>> son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non
>> autorisee est interdite. Si vous n'etes pas
>> destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et
>> d'avertir l'expediteur.
>> Ensemble, faisons un geste pour l'environnement :
>> n'imprimons nos mails que si necessaire
>>
>> The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
>> on the Internet. Natixis can not therefore be
>> considered responsible for the contents. Any
>> unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If
>> you are not the intended recipient of this message,
>> then please delete it and notify the sender.
>> Let us mind the environment : let's print our mails
>> only when necessary.

Rene Gielen  | http://it-neering.net/
Aachen       | PGP-ID: BECB785A
Germany      | gielen at it-neering.net

Re: optionstransferselect tag

Posted by Rene Gielen <rg...@apache.org>.
Bill Johnson schrieb:
> [...]

>> />
>>
>>       </s:form>
>>

>> thank in advance.
>>
>> meissa.
>>
>> L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur
>> internet, Natixis ne peut etre tenu responsable de
>> son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non
>> autorisee est interdite. Si vous n'etes pas
>> destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et
>> d'avertir l'expediteur.
>> Ensemble, faisons un geste pour l'environnement :
>> n'imprimons nos mails que si necessaire
>>
>> The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
>> on the Internet. Natixis can not therefore be
>> considered responsible for the contents. Any
>> unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If
>> you are not the intended recipient of this message,
>> then please delete it and notify the sender.
>> Let us mind the environment : let's print our mails

Posted by me...@investorservicing.natixis.fr.
it's now working.
the doSubmitSelect() was never called because of an error (the quote letft
at the end).
thank for all who replied.
meissa

Bill Johnson <pe...@yahoo.com>
06/07/2007 18:22
Veuillez répondre à
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Objet
Re: optionstransferselect tag

You have to change the "rightid" and "leftid" values
with the actual names assigned to the <select> tags
generated by the S2 tags. Does that make sense?

-Bill

> [...]

> --- meissa.sakho@investorservicing.natixis.fr wrote:
>

> > I'm trying to use the onsubmit attribute in the
> > s:submit tag but it fails.
> > The exception is saying that the attribute
> onsubmit
> > is not correct
> > according to submit TLD.
> > Can someone tell what I've done wrong.
> > here is my jsp:
> >
> > <%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags" %>

> > <head>
> > <title> Media - Tags - UI Tags -
> > Optiontransferselect</title>
> > <script language="JavaScript"
> > type="text/javascript">
> > function doSubmitSelect()
> > {
> > var selectObj = document.getElementById('leftId'
> > );selectAllOptionsExceptSome(selectObj, 'key',
> '');
> > selectObj = document.getElementById('rightId'
> > );selectAllOptionsExceptSome(selectObj, 'key',
> '');"
> >

> > }
> > </script>
> > <s:head theme="ajax" />
> > </head>
> >
> > <center>
> >
> > <s:form action="optiontfSubmit" method="post">
> > cellpadding="0" cellspacing=
> > "0">
> >         <TR>
> >                 <TD width="15%" height="25"
> > align="left">&nbsp;</TD>
> >                 <TD align="left">
> >                 <s:optiontransferselect
> >         tooltip="Selectionner vos support favoris"
> >         headerKey="-1"
> >         headerValue="--- Selectionnez ---"
> >         doubleHeaderKey="-1"
> >         id="leftId"
> >         doubleId="rightId"
> >         doubleHeaderValue="--- Selectionnez ---"
> >         emptyOption="true"
> >         doubleEmptyOption="true"
> >         label="Support favoris"
> >         leftTitle="Supports favoris"
> >         rightTitle="support favoris Choisis"
> >         name="supportsFavoris"
> >         list="#application.supports"
> >         listKey="codeSupport" listValue="libelle"
> >         doubleName="supportsFavorisChoisis"
> >         doubleList="defaultListSupport" />
> >                 </TD>
> >         </TR>

> > <s:submit value="Valider"
> > onsubmit="javascript:doSubmitSelect();"/></td>
> > </TABLE>
> >

> > </s:form>
> > </center>

> > Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>
> > 06/07/2007 09:49
> > Veuillez répondre à
> > "Struts Users Mailing List"
> <us...@struts.apache.org>

> > cc
> >
> > Objet
> > Re: optionstransferselect tag
> >

> > You can work-around this bug in 2.0.6 by adding
> the
> > following javascript
> > to the onsubmit attribute of
> optionstransferselect:
> >

> > onsubmit="var selectObj =

document.getElementById('leftId');selectAllOptionsExceptSome(selectObj,

document.getElementById('rightId');selectAllOptionsExceptSome(selectObj,

> > 'key', '');"
> >
> > where:
> > leftId is the id of the first select (id value)
> > rightId is the id of the second select (doubleId
> > value)
> >
> > That is an exact copy of the javascript included
> in
> > <script> by the tag,
> > but adding it to onsubmit guarantees it executes.
> >
> > I can't comment on whether the problem was fixed
> in

=== message truncated ===

Posted by Bill Johnson <pe...@yahoo.com>.
> [...]

> > Re: optionstransferselect tag
> >

> > You can work-around this bug in 2.0.6 by adding
> the
> > following javascript
> > to the onsubmit attribute of
> optionstransferselect:
> >

> > onsubmit="var selectObj =

document.getElementById('leftId');selectAllOptionsExceptSome(selectObj,

> > 'key', '');selectObj =

document.getElementById('rightId');selectAllOptionsExceptSome(selectObj,

> > 'key', '');"
> >
> > where:
> > leftId is the id of the first select (id value)
> > rightId is the id of the second select (doubleId
> > value)
> >
> > That is an exact copy of the javascript included
> in
> > <script> by the tag,
> > but adding it to onsubmit guarantees it executes.
> >
> > I can't comment on whether the problem was fixed

=== message truncated ===

http://www.nabble.com/-S2--Optiontransfertselect-tag-t3827911.html

> regards,
>  Jeromy Evans
>
> meissa.sakho@investorservicing.natixis.fr wrote:
> > There is bug in optionstransferselect tag in
> struts 2.0.6. When the form
>
> > is submitted,nothing
> > is selected.
> > Can someone tells me if this has been fixed in
> struts 2.0.8.
> >
> > thanks in advance.
> > Meissa
> >

> > meissa.sakho@investorservicing.natixis.fr
> > 06/07/2007 09:25
> > Veuillez répondre à
> > "Struts Users Mailing List"
> <us...@struts.apache.org>

> > "Struts Users Mailing List"
> <us...@struts.apache.org>
> > cc
> >
> > Objet
> > Re: optionstransferselect tag
> >

> > but the showcase sample example is working
> correctly.
> > That's why I'm troubledshooted not to have my
> example working.
> > Meissa
> >

> > Bill Johnson <pe...@yahoo.com>
> > 05/07/2007 17:56
> > Veuillez répondre à
> > "Struts Users Mailing List"
> <us...@struts.apache.org>

> > cc
> >
> > Objet
> > Re: optionstransferselect tag
> >

> > I'm having the same problem and it appears to be
> > because the default theme is requiring DOJO to
> > automatically select all the select options before
> > submitting the form. I'm not sure if there is a
> JIRA
> > bug opened for this or not, but there probably
> should

=== message truncated ===

Posted by Bill Johnson <pe...@yahoo.com>.
> [...]

> > cc
> >
> > Objet
> > Re: optionstransferselect tag
> >

> > but the showcase sample example is working
> correctly.
> > That's why I'm troubledshooted not to have my
> example working.
> > Meissa
> >

> > Bill Johnson <pe...@yahoo.com>
> > 05/07/2007 17:56
> > Veuillez répondre à
> > "Struts Users Mailing List"
> <us...@struts.apache.org>

> > cc
> >
> > Objet
> > Re: optionstransferselect tag
> >

> > I'm having the same problem and it appears to be
> > because the default theme is requiring DOJO to
> > automatically select all the select options before
> > submitting the form. I'm not sure if there is a
> JIRA
> > bug opened for this or not, but there probably

=== message truncated ===

[...]

I can't comment on whether the problem was fixed in 2.0.8, or if the
> [...]

> sender.
>

> L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natixis ne
peut etre tenu responsable de son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion
non autorisee est interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce
message, merci de le detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.
> Ensemble, faisons un geste pour l'environnement : n'imprimons nos mails
que si necessaire

> The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
Natixis can not therefore be considered responsible for the contents. Any
unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and notify the
sender.
> Let us mind the environment : let's print our mails only when necessary.

5/07/2007 1:55 PM

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.

Posted by Bill Johnson <pe...@yahoo.com>.