Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by steven crichton <st...@mac.com> on 2013/12/04 20:30:58 UTC

Solr Stalls on Bulk indexing, no logs or errors

I am finding with a bulk index using SOLR 4.3 on Tomcat, that when I reach
69578 records the server stops adding anything more.

I've tried reducing the data sent to the bare minimum of fields and using
ASC and DESC data to see if it could be a field issue.

Is there anything I could look at for this? As I'm not finding anything
similar noted before. Does tomcat have issues with closing connections that
look like DDOS attacks? Or could it be related to too many commits in too
short a time?

Any help will be very greatly appreciated.

Re: Solr Stalls on Bulk indexing, no logs or errors

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Wait, crashes? Or just stops accepting updates?

At any rate, this should be fixed in 4.6. If you
can dump a stack trace, we can identify whether this
is the same issue quickly. jstack is popular.

If you're still having queries served, it's probably
not your commit settings, try searching the
JIRA list for "distributed deadlock". You should
find two JIRAs, one relevant to SolrJ by Joel
Bernstein (probably not one you are about) and
one by Mark Miller that address this.

Best,
Erick

Posted by steven crichton <st...@mac.com>.