Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/09 01:45:19 UTC

Performances tests with trunk

Hi guys,

this evening, I conducted some performance tests with the old 1.5.7
revision, and with what we have in trunk. I'm using SLAMD to do that.
I'm adding 100 000 entries and do some search on those created entries.
Nothing fancy here

On 1.5.7, we were able to do something like 214 addition per second, and
around 4300 search per second.

On trunk, it takes an incredibly higher time to add those 100K entries
(I stopped the test after 20 minutes). Searches are also slower : 3870
per second.

It's really is just a very minimal test, done on my local laptop, and
I'd liekt o do some more test on a server and many clients. I'll
probably try that in two weeks.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Performances tests with trunk

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 9/9/11 3:44 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:
> On 09/09/2011 01:45 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> this evening, I conducted some performance tests with the old 1.5.7
>> revision, and with what we have in trunk. I'm using SLAMD to do that.
>> I'm adding 100 000 entries and do some search on those created entries.
>> Nothing fancy here
>>
>> On 1.5.7, we were able to do something like 214 addition per second, and
>> around 4300 search per second.
>>
>> On trunk, it takes an incredibly higher time to add those 100K entries
>> (I stopped the test after 20 minutes). Searches are also slower : 3870
>> per second.
>
> I know it will not make the big difference, but I can start fix
> findings found by findbugs regarding performance (if this is
> appreciated) like
>
> http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#SIC_INNER_SHOULD_BE_STATIC
>

> http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#WMI_WRONG_MAP_ITERATOR
>

> http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#UUF_UNUSED_FIELD

Just go ahead !

I'm not sure it will make a big difference either, but anyway, it will
clean the code.

FYI, I'm cutting a new release right now, so if you can wait until the
new VOTE mail is out, I'd appreciate.

Many thanks, Felix !

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
On 09/09/2011 01:45 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> this evening, I conducted some performance tests with the old 1.5.7
> revision, and with what we have in trunk. I'm using SLAMD to do that.
> I'm adding 100 000 entries and do some search on those created entries.
> Nothing fancy here
>
> On 1.5.7, we were able to do something like 214 addition per second, and
> around 4300 search per second.
>
> On trunk, it takes an incredibly higher time to add those 100K entries
> (I stopped the test after 20 minutes). Searches are also slower : 3870
> per second.

I know it will not make the big difference, but I can start fix findings
found by findbugs regarding performance (if this is appreciated) like

http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#SIC_INNER_SHOULD_BE_STATIC

http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#WMI_WRONG_MAP_ITERATOR

http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#UUF_UNUSED_FIELD

Regards