Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Greg Cope <gj...@rubberplant.freeserve.co.uk> on 2001/09/25 13:39:59 UTC

CPAN and libapreq

Dear All

Doing an automated install on a new dev server I noticed that with a
snapshot bundle created on another, it lists libapreq-0.33 as being
Apache::libapreq.

When cpan comes to install the bundle and looks for Apache::libapreq it
downloads 0.31 eg:

cpan> i /libapreq/
Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
  Database was generated on Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:01:47 GMT
CPAN: HTTP::Date loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz
Distribution    D/DO/DOUGM/libapreq-0.31.tar.gz
Distribution    J/JI/JIMW/libapreq-0.33.tar.gz
Module          Apache::libapreq (D/DO/DOUGM/libapreq-0.31.tar.gz)

I am assuming something is up here - I can overide this, but can the
pointer for module Apache::libapreq been changed to libapreq-0.33 on
cpan mirros ?

Thanks

Greg

Re: CPAN and libapreq

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Greg Cope wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Doing an automated install on a new dev server I noticed that with a
> snapshot bundle created on another, it lists libapreq-0.33 as being
> Apache::libapreq.
>
> When cpan comes to install the bundle and looks for Apache::libapreq it
> downloads 0.31 eg:
>
> cpan> i /libapreq/
> Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
> CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
>   Database was generated on Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:01:47 GMT
> CPAN: HTTP::Date loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz
> Distribution    D/DO/DOUGM/libapreq-0.31.tar.gz
> Distribution    J/JI/JIMW/libapreq-0.33.tar.gz
> Module          Apache::libapreq (D/DO/DOUGM/libapreq-0.31.tar.gz)
>

> I am assuming something is up here - I can overide this, but can the
> pointer for module Apache::libapreq been changed to libapreq-0.33 on
> cpan mirros ?

I suppose that's because libapreq.pm doesn't specify $VERSION. The
version is specified in Request.pm.

cpan> i Apache::Request
Module id = Apache::Request
     DESCRIPTION  CGI.pm functionality using API methods
     CPAN_USERID  JIMW (Jim Winstead <ji...@apache.org>)
     CPAN_VERSION 0.33
     CPAN_FILE    J/JI/JIMW/libapreq-0.33.tar.gz
     DSLI_STATUS  amcO (alpha,mailing-list,C,object-oriented)
     MANPAGE      Apache::Request - Methods for dealing with client
request data
     INST_FILE
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Apache/Request.pm
     INST_VERSION 0.33

And if you look at your Snapshot.pm it says:

Apache::libapreq undef

whereas Apache::Request is specified correctly. Maybe the solution is to
  put a version into libapreq?

Of course the simplest is to delete 0.31 from CPAN...

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/