Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by William Ferguson <wi...@hubbub.com.au> on 2005/06/08 05:56:41 UTC

Locking in SVN 1.2.0

I'm having a couple of problems using the new locking functionality.

1) I can't seem to unlock a locked Resource. ie
    UserA locks Resource1.
    UserA (new RA session) unlocks Resource1 - this fails with:
No lock on path '/trunk/SubVersionRA/testdata/locking/random-326047563.txt'
in filesystem 'D:/Tools/SubVersion/SubVersionRA-TestRepository/db'

  Even though TortoiseSVN clearly shows a lock on Resource1 owned by UserA.

2) I can't seem to update a Resource on which I own a lock. ie
    UserA locks Resource1
    UserA (new RA session) gets a commit_editor and updates the content of
Resource1 - this fails with:
Cannot verify lock on path
'/trunk/SubVersionRA/testdata/locking/random-1652950827.txt'; no matching
lock-token available

  Again, TortoiseSVN clearly shows a lock on Resource1 owned by UserA.
  Am I meant to store the lock token (as passed to svn_ra_lock_callback_t)
from the original lock and pass that back in? If so, where do I supply it?

Anyone facing similar problems?
Or know where I'm putting a foot wrong?

William

Re: Locking in SVN 1.2.0

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Jun 7, 2005, at 10:56 PM, William Ferguson wrote:

> I'm having a couple of problems using the new locking functionality.
>
> 1) I can't seem to unlock a locked Resource. ie
>     UserA locks Resource1.
>     UserA (new RA session) unlocks Resource1 - this fails with:
> No lock on path '/trunk/SubVersionRA/testdata/locking/
> random-326047563.txt'
> in filesystem 'D:/Tools/SubVersion/SubVersionRA-TestRepository/db'

Are you using TSVN here?  If not, can you show us a commandline
transcript of your exact commands and results that demonstrate the
problem?

> 2) I can't seem to update a Resource on which I own a lock. ie
>     UserA locks Resource1
>     UserA (new RA session) gets a commit_editor and updates the
> content of
> Resource1 - this fails with:
> Cannot verify lock on path
> '/trunk/SubVersionRA/testdata/locking/random-1652950827.txt'; no
> matching
> lock-token available

Same here.  Your descriptions need to be more specific.