Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2013/02/27 12:09:55 UTC

non English OS users here on the list?

Hi list,

sorry to be a little off-topic, but is here anybody who has not an English OS? Someone who has maybe French, German, Dutch or any other language instead of English as system language?

I experienced a bug, and I could reproduced this error on any system that I used.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3502439

If you experience the same error, please vote for this bug! For a detailed description please look at the video which is attached to the bug.

Thanks!

Best regards

Marcus Fritze

Re: non English OS users here on the list?

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Frederic for summarizing this issue.

I also encourage everybody on the list to vote for this issue.

Thanks!

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new flash.globalization.Collator("en", CollatorMode.SORTING);

Probably doesn't help but "en" doesn't work on OSX but "en_US" as a locale does.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: non English OS users here on the list?

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

>> When I debug in Firefox the locale is "en". So when I even try
>>
>> var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new flash.globalization.Collator("en", CollatorMode.SORTING);
>>
>> my example will crash in Chrome (but works in Firefox).
>
> Even when if you try setStyle("locale", LocaleID.DEFAULT) on the sort field before sorting?

Yes. The following code will crash:

	private function getCollator():void
	{
		setStyle("locale", LocaleID.DEFAULT);

		const locale:* = getStyle("locale");

		var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new flash.globalization.Collator(locale, CollatorMode.SORTING);
	}

Re: non English OS users here on the list?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> When I debug in Firefox the locale is "en". So when I even try
>
> var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new flash.globalization.Collator("en", CollatorMode.SORTING);
>
> my example will crash in Chrome (but works in Firefox).

Even when if you try setStyle("locale", LocaleID.DEFAULT) on the sort field before sorting?

> In my opinion this is not an SDK error. It seems that there is an error in the flash.globalization.Collator function.
I agree it's not an SDK error but we still may be able to work around it.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: non English OS users here on the list?

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
> Hi,
>
>> var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new flash.globalization.Collator(getStyle("locale"), CollatorMode.SORTING);
>
> My guess is that getStyle("locale") is returning something unexpected (null perhaps),

When I debug in Firefox the locale is "en". So when I even try

var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new flash.globalization.Collator("en", CollatorMode.SORTING);

my example will crash in Chrome (but works in Firefox).

> we can probably work around this bug in the SDK.

In my opinion this is not an SDK error. It seems that there is an error in the flash.globalization.Collator function.

> By the way, shouldn't it be this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33365 ?
>
> -Fred

Yes, it seems exactly the same issue. And flash.globalization.Collator.getAvailableLocaleIDNames() returns Vector of length 0 on Chrome/Mac OSX and Chrome/Win8.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Marcus

Re: non English OS users here on the list?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Don't know if Pepper Flash has its own bug base.  Hopefully someone at Adobe
will redirect you if needed.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: non English OS users here on the list?

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: non English OS users here on the list?

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
By the way, shouldn't it be this
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33365 ?

-Fred

Not 100% sure of your exatc code but have you tried this as a work around?

sortField.setStyle("locale", LocaleID.DEFAULT);

Thanks,
Justin

Re: non English OS users here on the list?