Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sen Zhou <zh...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/13 15:26:34 UTC

Can the score be changed dynamically?

Hi,all
  We have a requirement that the clicked-number of the document will be a
factor in the score's calculation. For example, a search operation returns
10 documents ordered by score. But the 2nd document are more frequently
choosen and clicked by users than the 1st one. Of course, I will record the
click number. I want the 2nd document to bubble up and become the first one.
How can I integrate the function to Lucene.
Any suggestion?

Best wishes,
Sen Zhou

Re: Can the score be changed dynamically?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: 10 documents ordered by score. But the 2nd document are more frequently
: choosen and clicked by users than the 1st one. Of course, I will record the
: click number. I want the 2nd document to bubble up and become the first one.
: How can I integrate the function to Lucene.
: Any suggestion?

Take a look at Document.setBoost, or for more complicated stuff, search
JIRA for FunctionQuery.

-Hoss