Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Paul Duffy <pa...@cisco.com> on 2001/06/08 16:35:13 UTC

Xerces C and XMLP/SOAP 1.1

I need to develop a C++ XMLP/SOAP 1.1 client ASAP.  The SOAP schemas have
been updated for http://www.33.org/2001/XMLSchema.  Is anyone successfully
parsing SOAP or know if the parser is capable yet ?  From the FAQ, it
appears it is not ready.

Best guess re: when it will be ready ?

Cheers,

--

Paul Duffy
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Re: Xerces C and XMLP/SOAP 1.1

Posted by Simon Fell <xm...@zaks.demon.co.uk>.
Most people are moving towards WSDL rather than Schema's (although
WSDL contains Schema information).  A number of existing
implementations will check that the request / response conforms to the
schema defined in the WSDL, although the current crop of tools only
support a fairly small subset of the schema language.

Given that section 5 encoding can generate largely random variations
on output (element names, structural differences via id/hrefs etc),
i'm don't know how a pure schema validation approach is going to work.

Cheers
Simon

Re: Xerces C and XMLP/SOAP 1.1

Posted by Paul Duffy <pa...@cisco.com>.
At 08:41 AM 6/8/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>AFAIK, no one is building SOAP engines with validation, in which case
>Xerces works fine.

This should help in the short term.

Longer term...inter-enterprise SOAP based communication without
validation...pretty scary stuff...

>[1] has a list of SOAP implementations, you might
>want to take one of these as a starting point.
>
>Cheers
>Simon
>www.pocketsoap.com
>[1] http://www.soapware.org/directory/4/implementations
>

>On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 10:35:13 -0400, in xml you wrote:
>
> >I need to develop a C++ XMLP/SOAP 1.1 client ASAP.  The SOAP schemas have
> >been updated for http://www.33.org/2001/XMLSchema.  Is anyone successfully
> >parsing SOAP or know if the parser is capable yet ?  From the FAQ, it
> >appears it is not ready.
> >
> >Best guess re: when it will be ready ?
> >
> >Cheers,

Paul Duffy
Cisco Systems, Inc.
paduffy@cisco.com

Re: Xerces C and XMLP/SOAP 1.1

Posted by Simon Fell <xm...@zaks.demon.co.uk>.
AFAIK, no one is building SOAP engines with validation, in which case
Xerces works fine. [1] has a list of SOAP implementations, you might