Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Irfandhy Franciscus <en...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2004/04/23 20:47:37 UTC

IllegalStateException : Cannot forward a response that is already commi,tted

Hi I encountered this error when I tried to load a struts page. I have
searched in google, and people keep saying this is because a redirection
problem. But I still cannot put the puzzle pieces to gether.

Perhaps anybody have encountered this problem before?

Root cause of ServletException
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward a response that is
already commi
tted
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispat
cherImpl.java:136)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionSer
vlet.java:1770)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:160
7)
        at
waf.controller.web.actionServlet.process(actionServlet.java
:112)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:493)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run
(ServletStubImpl.java:1058)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:401)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:20)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.ja
va:27)
        at
hsa.prism.controller.web.common.ModuleFilter.doFilter(ModuleFilter.ja
va:257)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.ja
va:27)
        at
hsa.security.web.SecurityFilterInternet.doFilter(SecurityFilterIntern
et.java:173)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.ja
va:27)
        at
hsa.waf.web.filter.EncodingFilter.doFilter(EncodingFilter.java:104)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.ja
va:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationActio
n.run(WebAppServletContext.java:5451)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServic
eManager.java:780)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:3105)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2588)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)

Re: IllegalStateException : Cannot forward a response that is already commi,tted

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rs...@email.arizona.edu>.
That last sentence should have read:
"... so you CANNOT then respond again with a forward"

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rs...@email.arizona.edu>.