Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by David Parks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/21 09:30:10 UTC

Recovering the namenode from failure

I'm on CDH4, and trying to recover both the namenode and cloudera manager
VMs from HDFS after losing the namenode.

All of our backup VMs are on HDFS, so for the moment I just want to hack
something together, copy the backup VMs off HDFS and get on with properly
reconfiguring via CDH Manger.

So I've installed a plain 'ol namenode on one of my cluster nodes and
started it with -importCheckpoint (with the data from the secondary NN),
this seems to have worked, I have a namenode web UI up which expects to find
32178 blocks.

But my plain namenode (on the same hostname and IP as the old namenode) says
that there are no datanodes in the cluster.

What do I need in order to configure the datanodes to report their blocks
into this new namenode (same IP & hostname)?

Thanks,

David

Re: Recovering the namenode from failure

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
I think he's mentioned the new NN is the same IP and Hostname as the old
one, and uses an actual checkpoint. All he has to do is start the DNs back
up again and they should report in fine.

--
Harsh J

Re: Recovering the namenode from failure

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Errors using MultipleOutputs and LZO compression

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Subject : Errors using MultipleOutputs and LZO compression
Hi

In Cloudera Manager 4.1.2. , we have defined a <MR-action> in Oozie thru the Hue interface.
This MR action is designed to read GZIP input files (typically 350+ gzip files ranging from 20MB to 200MB gzip size) and output either GZIP or LZO files
In the reducer MultipleOutputs are used to write the output.

Success Usecases
==============
1. mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress.codec=org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec
2. mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress.codec=org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec

2. mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress.codec=com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopCodec
    Reduced set of input gzip files (5-10 gzip files only)

Failure Usecase
============
1. mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress.codec=com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopCodec
    350 gzip input files

ERRORs in Logs
=============
2013-05-20 16:05:44,849 ERROR [Thread-2] org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Failed to close file /user/sasubramanian/impressions/output/outpdir/2013-03-19/0000044-130515165107614-oozie-oozi-W/_temporary/1/_temporary/attempt_1368666339740_5579_r_000011_3/header/2013-03-19/ieeuu3.pv.ie.nextag.com/part-r-00011.lzo<http://ieeuu3.pv.ie.nextag.com/part-r-00011.lzo>
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.LeaseExpiredException): No lease on /user/sasubramanian/impressions/output/outpdir/2013-03-19/0000044-130515165107614-oozie-oozi-W/_temporary/1/_temporary/attempt_1368666339740_5579_r_000011_3/header/2013-03-19/ieeuu3.pv.ie.nextag.com/part-r-00011.lzo<http://ieeuu3.pv.ie.nextag.com/part-r-00011.lzo> File does not exist. [Lease.  Holder: DFSClient_attempt_1368666339740_5579_r_000011_3_-1369131598_1, pendingcreates: 3]
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkLease(FSNamesystem.java:2308)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkLease(FSNamesystem.java:2299)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.completeFileInternal(FSNamesystem.java:2366)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.completeFile(FSNamesystem.java:2343)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.complete(NameNodeRpcServer.java:526)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.complete(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:335)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:44084)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:453)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1693)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1689)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1332)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1687)

at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:202)
at $Proxy10.complete(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:164)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:83)
at $Proxy10.complete(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.complete(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:329)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream.completeFile(DFSOutputStream.java:1769)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream.close(DFSOutputStream.java:1756)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.closeAllFilesBeingWritten(DFSClient.java:654)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.close(DFSClient.java:671)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.close(DistributedFileSystem.java:539)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.closeAll(FileSystem.java:2308)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache$ClientFinalizer.run(FileSystem.java:2324)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ShutdownHookManager$1.run(ShutdownHookManager.java:54)
2013-05-20 16:05:44,850 WARN [Thread-895] org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer Exception

Need your help
thanks

sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

Errors using MultipleOutputs and LZO compression

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi David,