Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by hasan kol <ko...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/03 16:26:58 UTC

win64 build

Hello,

In FAQ, in the answer of the question "What operating systems does
Subversion run on?" Win64 is not present, unlike Unix, Win32, BeOS, OS/2
and MacOS X.

By any configuration in the build, is it possible to generate static libs
for Windows 64-bit (Win64)?

Regards.

Re: win64 build

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 6:26 PM, hasan kol <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In FAQ, in the answer of the question "What operating systems does
> Subversion run on?" Win64 is not present, unlike Unix, Win32, BeOS, OS/2 and
> MacOS X.

I think Win32 here just refers to the "Windows API" in general, not
limited to 32-bit. As explained here, "Win32" is now just an
alternative for "Windows API":
https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/w/win32.htm

> By any configuration in the build, is it possible to generate static libs
> for Windows 64-bit (Win64)?

Yes, certainly. See the list of binary packages listed here (most
provide a 32-bit and a 64-bit version):
https://subversion.apache.org/packages.html#windows

--
Johan

Re: win64 build

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 12:35 AM, Ryan Schmidt
<su...@ryandesign.com> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2018, at 11:26, hasan kol wrote:
>
>> In FAQ, in the answer of the question "What operating systems does Subversion run on?" Win64 is not present, unlike Unix, Win32, BeOS, OS/2 and MacOS X.
>
> The Mac operating system name is currently "macOS". Could someone update that in this document? Thanks.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for pointing this out. Changed in r1829801.

(I've also changed "Win32" to just "Windows", to avoid the confusion
that started this very thread)

--
Johan

Re: win64 build