Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org> on 2021/05/12 17:47:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil 3.1.0-rc1

Hi all,

I'd like to call a vote to release Apache Daffodil 3.1.0-rc1.

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/daffodil/3.1.0-rc1/

Staging artifacts can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedaffodil-1020/

This release has been signed with PGP key 36F3494B033AE661,
corresponding to slawrence@apache.org, which is included in the KEYS
file here:

https://downloads.apache.org/daffodil/KEYS

The release candidate has been tagged in git with v3.1.0-rc1.

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 3.1.0:

https://s.apache.org/daffodil-issues-3.1.0

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:

https://daffodil.apache.org/releases/3.1.0/

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours
(Saturday, 15 May 2021, 2pm EST).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil 3.1.0-rc1

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Ok, then I think we're all in agreement. This vote is cancelled.

The PR to fix this is now availbale here:

https://github.com/apache/daffodil/pull/564

Once that gets +1's and is merged, I'll start the process for rc2.

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@owlcyberdefense.com>.

Posted by "Adams, Joshua" <ja...@owlcyberdefense.com>.

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Interrante, John A (GE Research, US)" <Jo...@ge.com>.
+1

I checked (for most items, using WSL2/Ubuntu 20.04 on my work laptop):

[OK] rpm works on Fedora 24 (ran some daffodil CLI commands by hand)
[OK] hash and signature of src.zip is correct
[OK] signature of git tag is correct
[OK] source release matches git tag (minus KEYS file)
[OK] no unexpected binaries in source
[OK] source compiles and all tests pass
[OK] RAT check passes
[OK] jars built from source have the same content as helper binary jars
[OK] src, bins, and jars include correct LICENSE/NOTICE/DISCLAIMER

John