Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Andreas Fester <af...@apache.org> on 2007/05/14 19:01:04 UTC

Pedantic compiler warnings

Hi,

I have just commited a bunch of patches which were already
part of my daily build at http://littletux.homelinux.org/log4cxx/
for some time. With these patches, log4cxx should now be buildable
with much more pedantic warnings enabled, at least with gcc 3.3 it
now builds with

-pedantic-errors -Wall -W -Wfloat-equal -Wundef -Wendif-labels
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wconversion
-Wsign-compare -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-multichar
-Wpacked -Wredundant-decls -Werror -Wshadow -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy
-Wno-long-long

It might, however, be possible that one or more of the recent
commits have a negative influence on other compiler flavours or
other platforms; if you observe build failures which seem to
be caused by my recent commits, please contact me :-)

Thanks,

	Andreas