Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 11:08:01 UTC

Samples as Integration tests

Hi all,

I have added all the samples that we currently have in the samples guide, as
integration test cases. This will enable us to do a full functional end to
end test on synapse when ever we do a major change to synapse.

Since this is time consuming and this is irrelevant for users who are going
to build synapse from the source (not devs :D), I have not added these tests
to the normal maven install phase. Rather one need to specify a system
property named integration when he is running maven install for theses tests
to be kicked off.

So in effect the maven command which runs these tests will be "mvn clean
install -Dintegration"

There are some failures in those tests for the moment, some of them are real
failures due to the Axis2 1.3 migration like security samples and some of
them are due to the inappropriate setup of the test env. Also there are some
cases that the client is not getting any notification about the test (for
example registry resource change or fire&forget) and for the moment these
scenarios will not be tested. I will work on this and try to setup all the
tests and fix the issues ASAP.

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: Samples as Integration tests

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Ruwan

This is great! and something thats going to really help us get good code
coverage and to detect failures early

thanks
asankha