Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "david.wery" <da...@calysis.be> on 2013/02/05 17:02:29 UTC

Re: Re: PostgreSQL PersistenceManager disk space (pg_toast)

Thanks for all the replies and sorry for the answer delay!

Well, I'm using a datastore for storing the binaries on the filesystem and
this is exactly the main/strange point. Jackrabbit seems to store the
binaries into the datastore (filesystem) AND on PostgreSQL :-/ This is why
the PostgreSQL database grows at the exact same speed and size as the
filesystem.

So to summarize, I'm using a datastore (minRecordLength of 100) and my PDF
size are from 20 Ko to 1Mo. I would like to avoid PostgreSQL database to
grow up without any reason (pg_toast.pg_toast table).

Thanks !

-----

            David Wery
            CTO @ Manex
       	 	Rue Wagner 127Belgique BE-4100 Boncelles Belgium

            Office : +32 4 330 37 33 Mobile : +32 497 50 53 20

   	  	  	david.wery@manex.biz www.manex.biz

            	Follow us!

Re: Re: PostgreSQL PersistenceManager disk space (pg_toast)

Posted by Luca Tagliani <l....@cbt.it>.
Hi all,
  we are facing the same problem.

Are there any news on that?