Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Art Whitten <Ar...@wfactor.com> on 2001/04/26 23:27:10 UTC

Redirecting System.out in Tomcat 4.0

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to redirect System.out and System.err to
a log file in Tomcat 4.0.  I am running Tomcat as an NT service using a
homegrown utility.    I could modify my utility but I was hoping that there
might be a way to do this in Tomcat.

I am deploying my webapps using the manager servlet and would prefer to not
have to add entries to the server.xml configuration file for each
application.  It is acceptable if the output from multiple webapps get
placed into one log file.

Thanks in advance,
Art Whitten