Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Palaniappan, Krishnasamy" <Pa...@diebold.com> on 2001/02/14 21:42:48 UTC

Performance

Hi,
I apply an XSL stylesheet to an XML file that is pretty huge (about 40 MB - has results from about 100,000 to 200,000 rows from a 15-column database table). I could test this process with an XML file (of 10MB - 30,000 rows) and it took a little over 2 hours!

Is there some way I can improve the speed? 10 to 20 minutes would be acceptable at max. Is there some document on how to tune the stylesheet. I use a number of named templates and global variables that reside in an external library file.

Thanks,
Krish