Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by yanqing huang <ya...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/25 03:22:35 UTC

Test HBase throughput with ycsb

   I want to ask something about the ycsb throughput of testing HBase.
 In my use case, I want to test HBase query throughput and average latency
in hadoop cluster instead of benchmarking different DB which is YCSB good
at. I care more about the performance of HBase job running in hadoop
cluster.

       Now the question is, YCSB has its throughput report (ops/sec), but I
don't know how ycsb calculates its HBase throughput and whether it matches
with what I want, which is HBase query throughput in hadoop cluster.

       Can anybody help me with understanding the throughput of ycsb
giving? Thanks a lot!

Re: Test HBase throughput with ycsb

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.
We have a fork of YCSB compiled with 0.98 for working with visibility and
ACLs.  Atleast the changes in pom.xml will be useful incase you just need
YCSB to run with recent versions.
https://github.com/ramkrish86/YCSB/tree/ycsb_visibility.

Regards
Ram