Posted to commits@jackrabbit.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/06/09 10:57:52 UTC

[Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "ExamplesPage" by ThomasMueller

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jackrabbit Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ThomasMueller:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage

  Repository repository = factory.getRepository("rmi://localhost:1100/jackrabbit");
  }}}

- === Sending PDF Content ===
-
- Sending PDF content can be tricky due to browser idiosyncrasities.  What we
- use at my site is:
-
- * If you provide a filename, e.g., in a Content-Disposition header, you
- '''must''' use a .pdf extension.  MSIE will look at filename extensions
- instead of the mime-type.
-
- * Set the Content-Length in the header.  MSIE seems to be the most easily
- confused.
-
- * If you use HTTPS you '''must not''' set the Cache-Control pragma to 'no-cache'.
- MSIE is very literal and will discard your content before it can read it!
-
- * You need to play with the Content-Disposition header.  At our site we use
- 'attachment;filename=...' for Firefox, and 'inline' for all other browsers, but we
- have some weird needs.
-
-
  === Jackrabbit Cache Configuration ===
  This info has moved to the CacheManager page.