Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> on 2011/08/13 01:42:30 UTC

[VOTE] Graduation to TLP

I'd like to put the graduation of Deltacloud to a toplevel project under
the Board of the ASF to a vote.

This vote is solely concerned with whether we, the Deltacloud community,
feel we are ready to go through the graduation process. There are a few
steps we have to take as part of the graduation process (write charter,
draft resolution for the board, decide who the VP and initial PMC will
be) I'll start separate discussions for all these items.

For now, please vote on whether you think Deltacloud is ready to become
a TLP by Wednesday, Aug 17th by 17:00 PDT.

David

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by Francesco Vollero <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM, marios@redhat.com <ma...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 15/08/11 12:28, Michal Fojtik wrote:

>>> +1
>>
>> +1
>>

> +1

+1

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by "marios@redhat.com" <ma...@redhat.com>.
On 15/08/11 12:28, Michal Fojtik wrote:
> On Aug 13, 2011, at 1:46 AM, David Lutterkort wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 16:42 -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:
>>> For now, please vote on whether you think Deltacloud is ready to become
>>> a TLP by Wednesday, Aug 17th by 17:00 PDT.
>>
>> +1
>
> +1

+1

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.
On Aug 13, 2011, at 1:46 AM, David Lutterkort wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 16:42 -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:
>> For now, please vote on whether you think Deltacloud is ready to become
>> a TLP by Wednesday, Aug 17th by 17:00 PDT.
>
> +1

+1

 -- Michal

Michal Fojtik, mfojtik@redhat.com
Deltacloud API: http://deltacloud.org

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by Chris Lalancette <cl...@redhat.com>.
On 08/15/11 - 10:17:26AM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> On 08/15/2011 10:09 AM, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> > On 08/12/11 - 04:42:30PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> >> I'd like to put the graduation of Deltacloud to a toplevel project under
> >> the Board of the ASF to a vote.
> >>
> >> This vote is solely concerned with whether we, the Deltacloud community,
> >> feel we are ready to go through the graduation process. There are a few
> >> steps we have to take as part of the graduation process (write charter,
> >> draft resolution for the board, decide who the VP and initial PMC will
> >> be) I'll start separate discussions for all these items.
> >>
> >> For now, please vote on whether you think Deltacloud is ready to become
> >> a TLP by Wednesday, Aug 17th by 17:00 PDT.
> > The code is getting more mature, and the community is growing, so this seems
> > like a decent time.  However, before voting, I have a couple of questions.
> >
> > 1)  Besides being listed as a top-level Apache project, are there any
> > additional benefits to graduating?
>
> - you move out of incubator
> - you get a deltaloud.apache.org url which helps with google search hits etc
> - you can make your own releases without incubator/ member votes
> - you get listed on apache front page
> - apache will promote the project
> - project gets full apache branding
> - etc  I think there is a full list in the incubator FAQ
>

> > 2)  What are the additional responsibilities a top-level project has over an
> > incubator project (if any)?
> >

> yes, the responsibility of the project moves from the IPMC to the
> deltacloud PMC.
> The project needs to report directly to the board.

Thanks Carl.

+1 to graduation

--
Chris Lalancette

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by Francesco Vollero <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/15/2011 10:09 AM, Chris Lalancette wrote:
>> On 08/12/11 - 04:42:30PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
>>> I'd like to put the graduation of Deltacloud to a toplevel project under
>>> the Board of the ASF to a vote.
>>>
>>> This vote is solely concerned with whether we, the Deltacloud community,
>>> feel we are ready to go through the graduation process. There are a few
>>> steps we have to take as part of the graduation process (write charter,
>>> draft resolution for the board, decide who the VP and initial PMC will
>>> be) I'll start separate discussions for all these items.
>>>
>>> For now, please vote on whether you think Deltacloud is ready to become
>>> a TLP by Wednesday, Aug 17th by 17:00 PDT.
>> The code is getting more mature, and the community is growing, so this seems
>> like a decent time.  However, before voting, I have a couple of questions.
>>
>> 1)  Besides being listed as a top-level Apache project, are there any
>> additional benefits to graduating?
>
> - you move out of incubator
> - you get a deltaloud.apache.org url which helps with google search hits etc
> - you can make your own releases without incubator/ member votes
> - you get listed on apache front page
> - apache will promote the project
> - project gets full apache branding
> - etc  I think there is a full list in the incubator FAQ

So, no difference at all (it's ironic obviously!) :) For sake of
completeness: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

Cheers,
Francesco

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by Sang-Min Park <sa...@eucalyptus.com>.
+1

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Chris Lalancette <cl...@redhat.com>wrote:

> On 08/12/11 - 04:42:30PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> > I'd like to put the graduation of Deltacloud to a toplevel project under
> > the Board of the ASF to a vote.
> >
> > This vote is solely concerned with whether we, the Deltacloud community,
> > feel we are ready to go through the graduation process. There are a few
> > steps we have to take as part of the graduation process (write charter,
> > draft resolution for the board, decide who the VP and initial PMC will
> > be) I'll start separate discussions for all these items.
> >
> > For now, please vote on whether you think Deltacloud is ready to become
> > a TLP by Wednesday, Aug 17th by 17:00 PDT.
>
> The code is getting more mature, and the community is growing, so this
> seems
> like a decent time.  However, before voting, I have a couple of questions.
>
> 1)  Besides being listed as a top-level Apache project, are there any
> additional benefits to graduating?
>
> 2)  What are the additional responsibilities a top-level project has over
> an
> incubator project (if any)?

> Chris Lalancette

Sang-Min Park
Engineer
Eucalyptus Systems

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by Chris Lalancette <cl...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 08/12/2011 07:42 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> I'd like to put the graduation of Deltacloud to a toplevel project under
> the Board of the ASF to a vote.
>
> This vote is solely concerned with whether we, the Deltacloud community,
> feel we are ready to go through the graduation process. There are a few
> steps we have to take as part of the graduation process (write charter,
> draft resolution for the board, decide who the VP and initial PMC will
> be) I'll start separate discussions for all these items.
>
> For now, please vote on whether you think Deltacloud is ready to become
> a TLP by Wednesday, Aug 17th by 17:00 PDT.
>
> David

+1

Carl.