Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Jens v.P." <de...@jevopi.de> on 2003/07/17 16:17:47 UTC

Validation on first page impression

Hello,

I'm wondering how to suppress form validation when a form is  shown the
first time to the user. Is there a flag to be set or something?
The validation method is called the first time the page is selected,
and of course no field is populated, so that the user receives many
errors telling him to fill out all fields. Since this does only happen
sometimes, I first thought it's a session cookie - so I removed all
cookies. The problem still occurs. What did I miss?

Jens

Re: Validation on first page impression

Posted by Dirk Markert <di...@dr-markert.de>.
Hello Jens,

      you must set

      validate = "false" in your action mapping.

JvP> Hello,

JvP> I'm wondering how to suppress form validation when a form is  shown the
JvP> first time to the user. Is there a flag to be set or something?
JvP> The validation method is called the first time the page is selected,
JvP> and of course no field is populated, so that the user receives many
JvP> errors telling him to fill out all fields. Since this does only happen
JvP> sometimes, I first thought it's a session cookie - so I removed all
JvP> cookies. The problem still occurs. What did I miss?

JvP> Jens

Dirk

| Dirk Markert                     dirk.markert@dr-markert.de |
| Dr. Markert Softwaretechnik AG                              |
| Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Str. 20                               |
| 44227 Dortmund                                              |