Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as> on 2012/02/15 00:36:53 UTC

Webinar about using IntelliJ with Flex

I know a few of you are curious about IDEs other than Flash Builder that
you can use with the Flex SDK.  JetBrains offers one of these IDEs known as
IntelliJ IDEA.

The Michigan ActionScript User Group is going to be hosting an online
meeting tomorrow (2/15) on what IntelliJ IDEA is, and how an Apache Flex
developer could benefit from using it.  The meeting will be held online at
http://experts.adobeconnect.com/as3/, starting at 7pm ET  (content starting
at 7:15) (
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Michigan+ActionScript+User+Group&iso=20120214T19&p1=126&ah=2),
and is open to anybody who wishes to attend.

More information about the meeting is at :
http://www.theflexgroup.org/post.cfm/february-meeting-flex-on-intellij

-Nick Kwiatkowski
 Manager, Michigan ActionScript User Group
 Apache Flex PPMC Member

Re: Webinar about using IntelliJ with Flex

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
On Tuesday, February 14, 2012, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Not to be picky but:
>>   - you do not perform any paid support, consulting or training services
>>   for your open source software;
>
> Would mean it's not available to all contributors, but then if you're
been paid to do Flex work you should be able to afford a licence.

> Thanks,
> Justin

I got an OSS license from JetBrains, for Apache they require that you're a
committer as they ask for your @apache.org email addy.

-omar

Re: Webinar about using IntelliJ with Flex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi there,

Posted by David Francis Buhler <da...@gmail.com>.
Looks like Apache Contributors may qualify for a free license:

"
WHO QUALIFIES

Our Open Source Licenses are available free to truly volunteers developing
non-commercial open source software. You qualify for a free license if:

   - your open source project meets the Open Source
definition<http://www.opensource.org/docs/osd>
   ;
   - you have a dedicated website and an active developer community
   supporting your project;
   - you do not perform any paid support, consulting or training services
   for your open source software;
   - you do not distribute paid versions of your open source software.

If you provide paid services for your open source software or distribute
paid versions of your open source software, a license may or may not be
granted to you at the discretion of the responsible license officer.
Please contact
us<julia.kuznetsova@jetbrains.com?subject=IDEA%20license%20for%20OS%20development>
check the available options.

*Apache developers*: Since *ASF* developers are often involved in several
projects concurrently, JetBrains will provide them with personal licenses
for individual developers, rather than on a per-project basis as we
normally do for other Open Source projects."
http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/buy/buy.jsp#openSource

Re: Webinar about using IntelliJ with Flex

Posted by Alexandre Madurell <al...@gmail.com>.
I'm curious as to how it compares to Astella (also from JetBrains).

Will you be recording it (as much as I'm just 20 min. away from that
time, I should really be sleeping at that time... 1AM - 3AM in Italy).

Cheers,
Àlex