Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by legolas wood <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/03 21:12:05 UTC

any book for JBI and specially serviceMix?

Hi
Thank you for  reading my post
Is there any book for ServiceMix and JBI ?
A book that start from installation to advanced topic and use cases?
Thanks

Re: any book for JBI and specially serviceMix?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 12/4/06, jlo_gestalt <jl...@gestalt-llc.com> wrote:

> I have found the following online information very helpful:
>
> -
> http://java.sun.com/integration/reference/techart/DevelopingAServiceEngineComponent-1-2.pdf
> Developing a Service Engine
> -  http://www.snpnet.com/customer_pub/sun/SU0805B4_08182005/isv.html SOA and
> JBI
>

> The first one was created before the final release of JSR 208 version 1.0.
> So it is a little old, but the main concepts are still there. The second one
> is a presentation that tied alot of things together for me.
> The ServiceMix examples where really helpful as well.

There's also a bunch of information in the LogicBlaze DeveloperZone,
especially the guides and articles:

http://devzone.logicblaze.com/site/home.html

And there are some presentations here, too:

http://www.logicblaze.com/resources_presentations.jsp

Even though the ServiceMix documentation is still undergoing
refactoring, making it difficult to locate information at times,
browsing the actual wiki can be very helpful:

http://goopen.org/confluence/display/SM/Home

There are also a couple of papers written by Ron Ten-Hove the JBI spec
lead available here:

https://open-esb.dev.java.net/public/whitepapers/JBIforSOI.pdf

https://open-esb.dev.java.net/public/pdf/JBI-Components-Theory.pdf

These papers are a good introduction to JBI. There's also the JBI spec
which is actually quite readable:

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=208

This is an excellent analysis of JBI written by Brenda Michelson, a
well-respected analyst in the enterprise software industry:

http://www.ebizq.net/topics/dev_tools/features/6188.html

But these are only some of what's available. Just start Googling and
if you find useful stuff, just let us know and we'll add it to the
website.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: any book for JBI and specially serviceMix?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 12/3/06, legolas wood <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Thank you for  reading my post
> Is there any book for ServiceMix and JBI ?
> A book that start from installation to advanced topic and use cases?

Not yet.

Bruce
);'