Posted to commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/05/10 19:21:28 UTC

[Xmlgraphics Wiki] Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2005" by JeremiasMaerki

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeremiasMaerki:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2005

The comment on the change is:
May report

New page:
'''General Comments'''

The project has voted to migrate to SVN after the Batik 1.6 release. We'll do this quite soon now. This will finally let us create the space for commonly used components between FOP and Batik.

We've been talking to the Cocoon PMC about Mozilla's Rhino package (which Batik uses and distributes). There's some confusion concerning the licence(s). So far, this is still a pending issue.

-----

'''Batik'''

Batik released version 1.6. The main improvements, as indicated in the last report, are SVG 1.2 support and massive speed improvements on MacOSX. Besides that there were lots of bugfixes and improvements.

'''FOP'''

No releases.

We've rewritten the whole page-breaking mechanism which allows us to finally implement the long-missing keep properties among other things. It's a very difficult matter (especially around tables) but there's pretty good progress.

Re: [Xmlgraphics Wiki] Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2005" by JeremiasMaerki

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
PMCers,

if there's anything else you think should be on the report, please add
it until Monday 2005-05-16. The board meeting is on Wednesday 2005-05-18.

On 10.05.2005 19:21:28 Apache Wiki wrote:
> The following page has been changed by JeremiasMaerki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2005
>
> The comment on the change is:
> May report

Jeremias Maerki