Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ian Snead <is...@ezgov.com> on 2001/11/06 20:09:01 UTC

Re: Exception? Root element of SOAP message must be:? Confused... Help!

Hello Scott,

Which SOAP implementations are you using
on the client and the server sides? Could you
post the full text of the request you sent?

I'm not sure how, but it looks as if you have
the element 'Client' in the first node of your
SOAP XML document. The exception is telling you
that, as defined in the namespace

Scott Merritt wrote:

> What does this exception mean?  I've used web services before but this one
> popped up and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.
>
> SOAPException= SOAP-ENV:Client, Root element of a SOAP message must be:
> 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope'.
>
> Code snippet...
>
>      URL url = new URL(
> "http://tamino.demozone.softwareag.com/demozone/realEstate/findProperties"
> );
>      String urn = "urn:RealEstate";
>
>      Call call = new Call(); // prepare the service invocation
>      call.setTargetObjectURI( urn );
>      call.setMethodName( "findProperties" );
>      call.setEncodingStyleURI( Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC );
>      Vector params = new Vector();
>      params.addElement( new Parameter( "sell", String.class, "Sell", null )
> );
>      params.addElement( new Parameter( "propertyType", String.class,
> "House", null ) );
>      params.addElement( new Parameter( "city", String.class, "Union City",
> null ) );
>      params.addElement( new Parameter( "lessPrice", String.class, "", null )
> );
>      call.setParams( params );
>
>      try
>        {
>        System.out.println( "invoke service\n" + "  URL= " + url + "\n  URN
> =" +
>           urn );
>        Response response = call.invoke( url, "urn:RealEstate" ); // invoke
> the service

Ian Snead
Software Developer
EzGov
Work : 404 836 7957

"Return a buffered reader to receive
 back the response to whatever was sent to whatever."

 - from the Apache SOAP documentation

Re: Exception? Root element of SOAP message must be:? Confused... Help!

Posted by Ian Snead <is...@ezgov.com>.
Hrm, sorry for the incomplete mail, phone rang,
fingers slipped ... anyway, take a look at the
SOAP schema at

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/

and the exception should make sense.

Posted by Ian Snead <is...@ezgov.com>.