Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Brent Worden <br...@worden.org> on 2005/06/16 00:00:16 UTC

Re: Add release 1.6 to Apache's java repository

I've finally found the time to look into this further by contacting the
Apache
repository group directly:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-repository/200505.mbox/%3cb22dff980505102059e3c2e07@mail.gmail.com%3e

The current process involves uploading jars to cvs.apache.org @
/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository.  These jars are then automatically
uploaded to ibilio.org on a routine basis.  So, there is no need to request
an upload by the Maven group as J Aaron Farr had done.

I've prepared project descriptors for the various Batik jars as Brett Porter
requested.  Also, I've created a shell script that uploads the files,
generates the MD5 hash values for each file, and changes the group ownership
to 'apcvs'.  I've tested this script on people.apache.org by uploading to a
directory under my home directory instead of the actual java-repository.
Everything appears in order as far as directory structure and permissions
and the MD5 hashes are correct.  If anyone is interested in the results, the
mock repository is at
http://people.apache.org/~brentworden/dist/java-repository

If there are no objects, I'll proceed with uploading the jars to the actual
repository.