Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Markus Alin <ma...@swissrisk.com> on 2002/08/28 11:27:50 UTC

Aggregation problem!

Hi All!!

I have a matcher creating a XML result given a certain request parameter.
Now I need to call this matcher X times with different request parameters
and aggregate the output into one XML document. I don't know how many times
this matcher will be called, or with which request parameters. The request
parameters will be read out of the database by an XSP page and are saved in
either the request or session (what is most convienient!?)

How do I do this? I need something like a loop in the sitemap but I guess
there is some much smarter way to do it!!

All the best, Markus

Markus Alin             tel: +41 1 455 70 03
Swissrisk AG            fax: +41 1 455 70 01
Räffelstrasse 32        mail: markus@swissrisk.com
8045 Zürich             home: www.swissrisk.com

Re: Aggregation problem!

Posted by Nick Airey <ni...@ihavemoved.com>.
The way I do this kind of thing is to write a pipeline generator which
makes include statements. Then run a cinclude transformer to resolve the
includes.

ie. Generator 1 does some business logic and creates SAX like this:

<cinclude:include cocoon:/generator2?parm=x/>
<cinclude:include cocoon:/generator3?parm=y/>

etc.

Because this is just text (SAX), you can make the business logic select
any internal pipeline you want, with any parameters you want. They can
also be internal-only pipelines because we are using the "cocoon:"
protocol.

Then this generator is placed in a pipeline with an cinclude
transformer, which calls the sub-pipelines, and a serializer.

Regs,
Nick.