Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2003/11/24 22:30:29 UTC

reminder: 0.34 code complete on Wednesday

Jostein, just FYI: the code-complete date for 0.34 is this Wednesday,
then the next Wednesday (3 Dec) is the tarball release date.

-Karl

Re: reminder: 0.34 code complete on Wednesday

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Sander Striker <st...@striker.nl> writes:
> > Does it mean that I have a whole week to make the tarball?
>
> It means you have a week to experiment with creating the tarball
> in private.  Or, to put it another way, don't publish a tarball
> before next wednesday.
>
> The idea is to let the code 'soak' for a week, before pushing it
> onto the general public.

Yup.  That way if we find a bug in the trunk code during that week, we
can fix it in the release branch (assuming it's present in the release
branch, i.e., not introduced very recently on the trunk).

In other words, this Wednesday, we do pick the "blessed" release
revision for 0.34, and make the release branch.  But then we let it
sit there for a while, so that by the time we *do* release it, there
is no code in it which has not been exposed for at least a week.

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Monday 24 November 2003 23.30, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> Jostein, just FYI: the code-complete date for 0.34 is this Wednesday,
> then the next Wednesday (3 Dec) is the tarball release date.

Does it mean that I have a whole week to make the tarball?

Jostein