Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Roland Klein Overmeer <Ro...@combine-it.nl> on 2009/06/26 23:05:50 UTC

RulesDuJour

Hi All,

I'm new to the list, and haven't been working with Spamassasin for long
(about 1 year). It worked fine filtering spam, but now more and more are
getting through. I found something called RulesDuJour on the net, but it
seems it's not being updated anymore. Is it usefull to stil use it, or
does anyone have some advice about thirth party rules that can help?

Regards,

Roland.

Re: RulesDuJour

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 30.06.09 02:11, Matt Kettler wrote:
> Any add-on rules should be placed in the same directory as your local.cf
> (ie: /etc/mail/spamassassin/ in most cases). SA reads *.cf from this
> directory, not just local.cf.
>
> Adding files to /usr/share/spamassassin, or making changes to files
> present there, is not a good idea. When SpamAssassin gets upgraded, this
> whole directory will be nuked by the installer.

... and after first sa-update, it won't get used even.

"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler

Re: RulesDuJour

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Re: RulesDuJour

Posted by Anshul Chauhan <ch...@gmail.com>.
we have to copy KAM.cf  to /usr/share/spamassassin only for its integration
with spamassassin or something else is to done

I'm using spamassassin-3.2.5-1.el4.rf on Centos4.7

Warm Regards,
Anshul Chauhan
"Dream is not what you see while sleep, it's the thing that does not let you
sleep."

Re: RulesDuJour

Posted by Gerry Maddock <gm...@futuremetals.com>.
"R

Re: RulesDuJour

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 26.06.09 23:05, Roland Klein Overmeer wrote:
> I'm new to the list, and haven't been working with Spamassasin for long
> (about 1 year). It worked fine filtering spam, but now more and more are
> getting through. I found something called RulesDuJour on the net, but it
> seems it's not being updated anymore. Is it usefull to stil use it, or
> does anyone have some advice about thirth party rules that can help?

I am sure RulesDuJour are obsolete for more then a year. Since
SpamAssassin-3.1, sa-update is the preferred say to upsate rules, including
those of SARE. Who told you to use the RulesDuJour script?

The SARE rules aren't being updated for longer time, see
http://www.rulesemporium.com/

Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*