Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2012/03/05 18:01:50 UTC

removal of mod_noloris?

On 3/2/2012 2:16 AM, Nick Kew wrote:

> Mod_noloris was a quick&dirty fix to a rather serious problem.  It was
> superseded when Stefan produced a better fix, so there's no
> expectation now that mod_noloris will ever 'graduate'.  I don't think
> that's a model for most incoming modules!

In that case, is it time for mod_noloris be axed from the httpd tree?

Re: removal of mod_noloris?

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> On Mar 5, 2012, at 12:01 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>
> > On 3/2/2012 2:16 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> >>
> >> Mod_noloris was a quick&dirty fix to a rather serious problem.  It
> >> was
> >> superseded when Stefan produced a better fix, so there's no
> >> expectation now that mod_noloris will ever 'graduate'.  I don't
> >> think
> >> that's a model for most incoming modules!
> >
> > In that case, is it time for mod_noloris be axed from the httpd
> > tree?
>
> +1

+1

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: removal of mod_noloris?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: removal of mod_noloris?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
> <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> On 3/2/2012 2:16 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
>>>
>>> Mod_noloris was a quick&dirty fix to a rather serious problem.  It was
>>> superseded when Stefan produced a better fix, so there's no
>>> expectation now that mod_noloris will ever 'graduate'.  I don't think
>>> that's a model for most incoming modules!
>>
>> In that case, is it time for mod_noloris be axed from the httpd tree?
>

> +1

+1

Re: removal of mod_noloris?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: removal of mod_noloris?

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 3/6/2012 5:18 PM, Igor Galić wrote:

> [...]

:)

If there will be no further changes, svn rm is our friend.  Simply publish
a pointer to repos@rev if you want simple access to the non-editable resource.

The only reason to leave a file active in svn is for purpose of collaboration
and modification.  Nick stated mod_noloris has been absorbed by a replacement
effort and offers nothing further for the project.

Re: removal of mod_noloris?

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> On 06 Mar 2012, at 4:46 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> >> I'm fine with that.
> >>
> >> What about the folks who voted to keep it last time the subject
> >> arose?
> >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/apache/users/383407
> >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/apache/dev/383405
> >
> > Do we just need to offer Dirk an alternate URL for downloading it?
>
> How about some kind of "attic" for old modules or old code? Something
> like this:
>
> trunk
> tags
> branches