Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/26 21:40:54 UTC

Tomahawk status?

Where are we with re-branching for Tomahawk 1.1.4?

Please don't take this as "hurry up, already!" because I have plenty
to keep me busy. :)

I just want to make sure that no one is waiting for me... because I'm
waiting for word that all (or most) of the changes are in.

--
Wendy

Re: Tomahawk status?

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
> I hope Jeff will investigate some more.

Nuts. I didn't realize you guys were waiting for more testing. Now it's been
a month, but the situation is still the same.

Martin's comments helped narrow it down, and that last stretch of testing
that I did pretty much confirmed that the new javascript is working just
fine. My original suspicions about that aren't supported by the evidence, so
I think Martin's hands might just be clean after all. :D

I was waiting for a Dev to comment again, because I felt that I pretty well
determined what was breaking the auto scroll behaviour. I can't be certain,
without an intimate knowledge of the autoscroll implemenation, but I'm
fairly sure this is the cause:

<input type="hidden" name="autoScroll" />

That input is generated in a different part of the page in Tomahawk 1.1.5
than it was in Tomahawk 1.1.3. When you combine Tomahawk 1.1.5 with MyFaces
Core 1.1.4 you get two input boxes (in different spots).

If you take a working combination of the two, and manually add an extra
input like this to the page - that also breaks autoscrolling. That's why I
really think/thought I have found the cause. Perhaps my comments misled you
into thinking I was still suspecting the javascript? My fault for not being
more clear.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-713

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.

Re: Tomahawk status?

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

@Thomas - the changes you have introduced will affect one thing, and
that's back-button on server-side state saving. I do believe this is
important enough to release a new core as well.

@Wendy: I've commented on TOMAHAWK-713 - I currently don't see why
this is failing, I hope Jeff will investigate some more. Apart from
that, I've tried to fix whatever I saw possible of whatever
compatibility problems with former MyFaces-versions remained. Of
course, with the recent changes of Thomas, we still have the problems
as pointed out above.

The problem is that currently a lot of stuff is moving around, and
this for compatibility reasons. I believe this will be for the best of
everyone in the end, but currently it's all a major mess.

regards,

Martin

On 10/10/06, Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The point is that the next tomahawk release will require MyFaces Core >= 1.1.5.
>
> On 10/9/06, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/9/06, Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The order is important. We will need to release core before tomahawk.
> >
> > Fine, but that wasn't the important question. :)
> >
> > I know we're breaking compatibility somewhere because of the
> > JavaScript changes, but I'm not sure exactly where the break is.
> >
> > Are we saying that the next Tomahawk will not work with MyFaces 1.1.4?
> >
> > --
> > Wendy
> >

> --
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF powerhouse -
> JSF Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Tomahawk status?

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tomahawk status?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tomahawk status?

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tomahawk status?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tomahawk status?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
good point,

let's get that guy out first

On 10/9/06, Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please note: We need to release MyFaces Core 1.1.5 before MyFaces
> Tomahawk 1.1.5.
>
> The jsf_sequence is now rendered by the HtmlResponseStateManager when
> using server side state saving. Before the tomahawk HtmlForm rendered
> this parameter, which was incompatible to Sun RI and Trinidad.
>
> -Thomas
>
> On 10/8/06, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/26/06, Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I just wanted to fix one final little thing in JavaScript generation -
> > > I'll hurry up, I promise.
> >
> > Martin, can we get an update?
> >
> > If it's not a huge change, it might make sense to go ahead and branch
> > so that Werner can proceed with his changes on the trunk.
> >
> > We can always merge changes to the release branch.
> >
> > --
> > Wendy
> >

> --
> http://www.irian.at