Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2000/12/18 18:28:28 UTC

Contributing conformance tests

I'm trying to be more diligent in submitting small conformance tests
that check bug fixes that I make.  Now that most of the conformance
tests are uploaded to CVS, I'm still unclear about the exact procedure
that I (and others) should follow.

I have three items: .xml, .xsl, and expected output (.out).  I presume
that I should check these into CVS in the test/tests/contrib for the
.xml and .xsl and contrib-gold for the .out.  Will this be used as a
staging area and then the tests will be moved into the conf folder or
will they stay in the contrib folder?  If they just stay in the contrib
folder, should I create a new subdir if I need it (I have an output test
waiting now) or just place it in the contrib and contrib-gold
directories themselves.

Should I send an email when I upload a new conformance test or will you
just pick it up from the cvs commit email or periodically scan the
contrib hierarchy?

What is the best way for you to work with this because I can pretty much
adapt to whatever.

Also, David, can you post a note to the list when the upload of the
conformance tests is complete?

Thanks,
Gary